Sunday, October 08, 2006

In the balance

Life is all about balance isn't it?

After spending the last 1.5 weeks working on some legal papers, catching up on tutorials after my Nanjing trip and my mid sem Japanese exams, I decided the antidote to prevent misery is a weekend of doing absolutely nothing productive. Absolutely theraputic

Friday

The haze was so bad in the west that I could smell the smoke. After walking aimlessly around Orchard with CK and failing to get our hands on snow-skin white lotus mooncakes (well, there's always next year) I knew I had to head back to the east where the air was better. Arriving home to home cooked food, NHK on cable TV, and pia-ing the night away on my Nintendo DS. I felt as though I was a primary schoolboy again, with nothing warranting my concern except for my Nintendo.

Saturday

Sleeping 10 hours and waking up just to read travel novels by the pool after countless laps on a sunny day (no haze here in the east!) brings stress down to level zero. After that, its more home cooked food, and in the evenings there was a RC Karaoke Singing contest which i was thinking of participating (not for the glory but for the $1000 prize money which would fund my Europe trip) but one look at the list of available songs I knew I am not in this (auntie and uncle 70's karaoke song) league. Nothing to do, sleep! (another 10 hours. Sleep is good for health)

Sunday

Church with Trish. Today's sermon at Wesley was eddifying (as usual). Not merely about christian legalism vs worldly sin, but more like a wake up call for myself about using our lives as a testimony for God, not only for missionaries, but for all of us. Something stirred in my heart today, am not sure where God is leading me to now, but I will continue to place my trust in Him. Headed down to Vivocity to watch clueless Singaporeans walk around a half-opened mall . We promptly got out of there to the nearest Starbucks and whiled away the whole afternoon just chatting. Sunday afternoons are the best. :)

Thought for the week:

"Am thinking of doing some things that I have always been doing differently. Lets see if it works."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

" Sunday afternoons are the best."

I echo that!

So I need to know how to solve that case you're working on too, cos now you got ME involved. :P

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home