Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting Called

Today marks the day where my name has been officially entered into the rolls of Advocates and Solicitors in Singapore.

In a different life, I may be teaching English full time in Japan, a missionary in China, a freelance photographer, a property agent, a flight steward, or a million and one other jobs. However, I think the time has finally come for me to decide, and set my mind and heart to, my chosen profession. As i donned the court robe and took my oath before the judge, my left hand firmly on the bible and my right hand raised eye-level, I looked upon the state crest, the judge, the representatives from the law society and AGC as I recited the vows... "so help me God". Indeed, it was by God's grace that I made it thus far, it would definitely be God's guidance that I continue on this path.

This is it. Jared, so prone to fickle-mindness and flighty whimsical ambitions of fancy finally decides today, this day, that he would sticks to his guns, and give it his best shot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Omedeto!

It takes courage and character to stick to a decision, especially knowing everything else you have given up. I am, as always, proud of you and what you have achieved.

Tomorrow marks my first anniversary in Japan too, and soon I would have stayed here longer than you did... Hehehe.

Miss you xx

7:21 AM  
Blogger Wy said...

guess it'll be even harder to meet up with u le. haha not like we've been meeting or what.. think i probably see u once a year lah.

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home